Selecting Quality Dayhome providers, giving parents peace of mind
All providers are required to follow the Alberta Family Dayhome Standards Manual www.child.alberta.ca
Please follow the link to Family Dayhome Standards Manual
- Caregiver screening:
- emergency procedures
- current first aid in infant child first aid and CPR
- a completed criminal record check, including a vulnerable sector search on all residents 18 years and older
- 3 satisfactory references from non family members
- a physicians note stating the provider is emotionally and physicaly able to care for children
- A written statement posted that clearly reflects hours of operation
- have liability insurance of no less than $2,000,000 per occurence.It is recommended to obtain a comprehensive all-risks basic homeowner's insurance policy.Expensive and fragile items should be inaccessible or obtain a personal property floater.
- If transporting children must have $1,000,000 per occurence automobile liability insurance coverage
- Must maintain a complete portable record for each child to be taken on any outings outside of the home.
Becoming a Provider
Are you interested in becoming a Day Home provider? Tell us a little bit more and we will get in touch.
Calgary & Region Family Day Home Agency strives to meet the needs of all of providers in the agency. To assist us in maintaining this goal we welcome your feedback. Please take a few minutes to complete our survey.
As an Approved Family Dayhome Provider with our accredited agency you will benefit from the following advantages:
- Orientation meeting
- Business Binder (with forms and reference materials)
- Referral of children
- Fee Collection
- Backup care for your families when you are unavailable (depending on availability)
- 24 hour emergency agency contact
- Monthly newsletter
- Formalized Child Guidance Policy
- Mediation and Conflict Resolution Services
- Liability Insurance exceeding Government Standards: $5 million liability and extending to all field trips and dayhome outing.
- Monthly support and mentoring from a qualified Consultant
- Monthly Inservices / training
- Level 1 – at home training
- Childcare conferences and workshops
We all ready have day homes in many parts of town and in several surrounding communities. We invite you to join our "family" of quality day homes.Areas Served
A monthly newsletter is created to communicate updates and information to parents and providers. To view this month’s newsletter and see what is happening please download below.Download Prior newsletters